Student wellbeing is fundamental to all that we do at Mt St John’s Primary School. We are committed to providing a safe and caring environment where the welfare of students is protected and nurtured. We seek to provide a place where students can thrive.
Our Pastoral Care for our students’ wellbeing is based upon:
- The values of the Catholic faith that encourage us to see the inherent dignity of each person and to treat one another with compassion, respect, kindness and justice.
- Relationships in which every individual experiences being cared for, respected and valued.
- Student participation, which means creating opportunities for students to have a voice in matters that concern them at school.
- Working closely and collaboratively with parents and carers in promoting the wellbeing of students.
How we Support Student Wellbeing at Mt St John’s
To support Student Wellbeing at Mt St John’s we have the following in place:
- School Counsellor
- Speech Pathologist
- Garden Club
- Craft Club
- Quiet room during play
- Kids Tutoring Kids (a lunch time group run by students)
- Positive Behaviour for Learning
- Engaging Learning Environments