Why Choose Mt St John's Primary?
All are welcome, all belong. As we are a small school, all students are known, valued and closely supported and we seek to create a warm and welcoming community where our students, families and staff feel a sense of belonging and connection.
We believe every child can achieve high standards, given the right time and the right support. To encourage and engage our students we:
- Believe inquiry, curiosity and risk taking are at the heart of our learning culture.
- Provide learning environments that are engaging, inclusive and responsive to the needs of each student.
- Care for the whole child by nurturing all aspects of children’s development including academic, spiritual, physical, social and emotional.
- Set high expectations for all members of our school community.
- Ensure student learning is well supported by classroom teachers, instructional leaders and teacher aides.
- Provide school grounds that encourage physical activity and imaginative play.
- Work closely with parents and carers because we know that in partnership we can achieve better outcomes for our children.